Whether you’ve got small feet, big feet or average sized feet, make sure they’re looking their best this summer with these simple footcare tips:
1. Start by washing your feet every day in warm soapy water. An anti-bacterial soap will help keep your feet smelling sweet as it combats the bacteria which causes foot odour.
2. If you have hard skin on your feet, very gently remove it with a pumice stone but only do this once a week to avoid taking off too many layers of skin. If the skin is very hard or painful, we recommend you make an appointment to see a podiatrist.
3. When your feet are completely dry, apply a moisturising cream but avoid going between your toes as too much moisture can encourage athlete's foot.
4. If you’re cutting your toe nails, avoid cutting them too short and don’t cut down the corners as this can lead to in-growing nails.
5. Your soles rarely see the sun, but that doesn’t mean they’re not at risk of sun damage. Acral melanoma – the feet-based skin cancer that killed Bob Marley – often goes undetected unless you check your soles regularly. To make sure yours are protected, apply a dry-to-the-touch sunscreen.