UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE GDPR MAY 25TH 2018
Who we are
We have made these updates to reflect the high standards established by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a set of laws passed in the European Union that became law in the UK on the 25th of May 2018.
We respect all of your personal data, We never have and never will sell it on for financial gain to third parties.
We believe that under the GDPR term “Legitimate business interest” we have a requirement to hold some very basic data about you – a list of all of the data we hold & the reason why is below.
What information we collect from you, How we collect it & How we use it
The information we collect via the Website, emails & store visits includes:-
- Your Name – For your customer record, delivery of goods, catalogues & any communication between us.
- Your Address – For your customer record, delivery of goods, catalogues & any communication between us.
- Your Postcode – For your customer record, delivery of goods, catalogues & any communication between us.
- Your Phone Number – For your customer record, delivery of goods alerts, marketing & any communication between us (landline & mobile numbers).
- Your Email Address(es) – For your customer record, delivery of goods alerts, marketing & any communication between us.
- Your IP Address – This is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website & for Opayo fraud prevention.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions made by you on our website it may be necessary for Opayo (our online payment partner) to verify your personal details for authorisation outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose apart from this.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers) – These preferences can be changed at any time in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect through forms on our website, emails between us or visits to any of our stores will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR 2018 and any other applicable laws. The details we collect will ONLY be used:
- To process your order – we have to pass on certain details to other organisations in order to process your order – Opayo who process the payment for us & DPD or the Royal Mail who will deliver your goods – links to their respective privacy policies can be found at the bottom of this page. If you are buying from overseas then this list is only an example based on delivery companies used within the UK – Overseas customers may have their data shared with other couriers or freight companies to facilitate the delivery of their order including companies such as DHL, UPS or Fedex.
- To send you information on offers, products or promotions – There is a link at the foot of every promotional email we send to you offering you the choice to opt out of any future mailing campaigns if you so desire – This is a one-time action & will opt you out of all email marketing in the future.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes only. We use selected third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and sending our marketing emails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes & have signed contracts stipulating their understanding of this.
Where we store your information
All of the information above is held securely on our internal server at Head Office that sits behind the latest Cisco Meraki Firewall, This is also kept up to date on a real-time basis to deal with any new threats that may appear online. Magnus Shoes Ltd t/a Walktall do not store ANY payment information regarding your purchase – Payment information is held securely by Opayo – Europe’s leading independent payment services provider, They process over four billion transactions a year & are regularly audited to ensure they comply with all of the latest industry security standards.
You very clearly have the right under the new legislation “to be forgotten” & whilst we are happy to remove you from any emails or physical mailings, we would remind you that if you ask us to delete your customer record in its entirety – we will not be able to help you in future with sizing advice based on previous purchases, or that we may not be able to pinpoint a purchase if you are complaining under warranty about a shoe where you no longer have the receipt – If you want us to delete all details held about you please email email@example.com stating this as your wish. You also have the right to request any information that we currently hold about you – as above please email firstname.lastname@example.org & we will deal with your request as quickly as possible. We would take this opportunity to remind you that we hold little or no more than the phone book advertises about you!
Opayo – https://www.opayo.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy/
DPD – https://www.dpd.co.uk/privacy_policy.jsp
Royal Mail – https://www.royalmail.com/privacy-policy/
Mailing Manager – https://www.mailingmanager.co.uk/privacy-policy.php