- Brand of the Month - Merrell
BRAND OF THE MONTH – MERRELL
Merrell was established in 1981 when two executives for the Rossignol ski company, Clark Matis and John Schweizer, decided to launch a new maker of hiking boots. The pair decided to join forces with Randy Merrell, a maker of highly praised custom cowboy boots which retailed for $500 a pair. Matis set to work designing a more affordable high-performance boot, which was developed in 1982. Plans were made for production of the new line in factories located in Italy, a leading exporter of footwear to the world market at the time.
In 1983, the new Merrell Company delivered its first product to the market, making shipments to a pair of east coast retailers specialising in hiking gear.
In 1986, Randy Merrell sought to return to his previous life as a maker of custom boots and sold his share of the company bearing his name. That same year the company sold its 25,000th pair of boots.
To celebrate Merrell as our Brand of the Month, we have a great prize up for grabs: a FREE pair of Merrell shoes of your choice! To enter, simply correctly answer the question below - good luck! Terms and conditions apply*
- Answer the question above to be entered into a prize draw to win a pair of Merrell shoes of your choice from Walktall.co.uk.
- One prize available.
- A winner will be selected at random from the correct entries.
- Competition winner will be contacted by email.
- Prize is subject to stock availability, in-stock items only.
- Merrell shoes are available in sizes 12-14.
- All entries must be submitted via the online form at Walktall.co.uk.
- Competition closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 31st October 2018.
- The judge's decision is final.
- Prize cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
- Only one entry per customer.
- Prize can only be sent to a UK address.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.