- Talk Wall
Tell us what you think!
We would love to know what you think of your Walktall experience. This is also the place to exchange any tips or useful information.
24th March 2017
Even More New Arrivals!
22nd March 2017
Deal of the Week
Have you seen our latest offer? bit.ly/Walktall_offer_march2017 Terms apply*
*Offer Terms and Conditions
- £15 off all orders over £100. Enter code WTVB15 when ordering online.
- £30 off all orders over £150. Enter code WTVB30 when ordering online.
- You must spend over the order value (excludes postage) before any discount can be applied.
- These offers include sale items.
- If you are returning items for a refund, all items must be returned to qualify.
- These offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Offers expire at 11.59pm on Friday 24th March 2017.
- We reserve the right to withdraw these offers at any time.
17th March 2017
Brand New Arrivals
15th March 2017
Smarten up with 20% off Walktall formals
Our latest e-newsletter: http://bit.ly/WT_Formals_March2017
*Offer Terms and Conditions
- 20% off Walktall own brand formal footwear.
- Enter the code WTWTF20 when ordering.
- Offer only applies to Walktall own brand formal footwear orders.
- Click here to view the Walktall own brand formal footwear.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This offer expires at 11.59pm on Friday 17th March 2017.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
13th March 2017
The importance of wearing the right running socks
If you wear large trainers then the chances are you’ll need to wear large running socks. But whatever size you take, it’s important to choose the right ones. A badly fitting sock can do as much damage to your feet as a badly fitting shoe.
Although it’s true that just about any sock will offer some protection and comfort, only a sock specific to running made out of the latest fibres will provide sufficient protection and comfort while also controlling the flow of moisture off the foot.
The hotter it is and the harder you run, the more you sweat as this is the way your body cools itself. A lot of the sweat ends up in your socks so a wicking sock is very important. Wicking means it moves moisture from your feet to the outside of the shoe. A technical running sock made of breathable yarns can do this because it doesn’t hold on to the moisture generated in the feet by running. If your feet stay dry, it will help to avoid the friction between your feet and shoes which can lead to blisters.
Another key factor when choosing running socks is the fit. Certain socks will fit certain feet very well, while others will not. A correctly fitting sock will reduce the friction from unruly seams, fabric gathering and baggy fit. All of these can increase the risk of calluses, blisters and black toenails.